From the wise words of Goddess Olivia Newton-John -- "Let's get Physical!"
While I am not a Gym Rat -- I would prefer to workout in the basement or more likely just work to get in my 10,000 steps a day. Vacuuming is exercise! Once you do get into a workout routine - 2 or 3 times a week -- you start to crave it! Planet Fitness is easy and cheap and open 24/7. Find a similar option in your area and bring this checklist along.
My daughter Sami Pyman is a Certified Personal Trainer and works with several clients in and around Knoxville. She has put together a "Full Body Planet Fitness Workout" for all of us Mid-Life Goddesses that need something to get us moving!
Work it Ladies!
Full Body Midlife Goddess Workout
1. Warm Up
- 10 Minute walk on treadmill -- 3.5 MPH - 5 Incline
2. Upper Body -- Repeat 3X
- 10 - Dumbbell (5 - 10lbs) Shoulder Press
- 15 - Dumbbell Bicep Curls -- Keep elbows anchored at your sides.
- 15 - Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extensions
- 10 - Pushups -- Hold core tight!
3. Lower Body -- Repeat 4X
- 15 - Goblet Squats with Dumbbell.
- 10 - Each Leg Lunges -- holding 10 - 25 lb plate above head.
- 15 - Straight Leg Dead Lift -- on Smith machine -- Do NOT Lock your Knees!
- 20 - Glute Bridges -- Use bands above knees for extra resistance if you can.
4. Abs/Core -- Repeat 3X
- 15 - Leg Raises
- 15 - Sit Ups with Dumbbell
- 45 Seconds -- Plank Position -- Hold core tight!
- 15 - Cherry Pickers -- each side
That's It! With Sami coaching me -- pushing me -- we can get thru this rotation in less than 30 minutes! Not gonna lie -- it hurts the next day. Once you get used to these types of exercises you can mix it up and move around the gym to other machines. But these are mostly on your own with the dumbbells and a matt.
Work that Fitness! A few pics of my darling Sami -- she modeled for Paragon Athletic Wear -- so cute and FIT!