Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs
This recipe for Sugar Free BBQ Ribs works for my “no sugar/low carb” peeps for sure. I received my Butcher Box this month with (2) packages of 2.5 pounds of St. Louis Whole Pork Spare Ribs. Being a slow cooker Goddess – I googled crock pot ribs and found a ton of recipes. So I threw the basics in the crock pot and did my own twist with G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce to accommodate my low carb family. It also covers my Goddess Rule #3 (here) for the “Proper Care and Feeding of my Husband!”
- 2.5 Pounds baby back ribs, trimmed
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (18 oz) G. Hughes Sugar Free BBQ sauce (Guy’s BBQ is good too!)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
Slow Cooker Prep
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour water into slow cooker.
- Layer the ribs into the slow cooker.
- Top the ribs with onion and garlic.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours (or High for 4 hours).
Pop in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet. Discard onion and garlic. Coat ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks to the meat — 10 to 15 minutes.
Slice and Serve
This is a super easy recipe and perfect if you are working all day and want to come home, throw the slow cooked ribs in the oven and serve dinner in 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Please Note: We will sometimes earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products we link to at no additional cost to you. I will only feature items I genuinely love and want to share with my reading Goddesses!