Check out my girl Kate the Baker
A friend of my BFF Kristy with the most wonderful recipes! She sends out a snarky newsletter periodically that always makes me laugh. The pictures alone will add 5 pounds to your booty they are so good! Bona appétit!
Look at these fabulous Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!!! You must see her site and sign up for her blog (here) — she’s a hoot!!
Chocolate zucchini muffinsIngredients
For the muffins
- 2 cups grated zucchini gently drained
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the chocolate glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- To make the muffins, in a large bowl whisk together the sugars, oil, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini until it is evenly distributed into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups about 2/3 full – I use an ice cream scoop and I don’t make overflowed scoops.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed in center and spring back when touched. Let cool completely while you whip up the glaze.
- To make the chocolate glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder until most lumps are gone (at least all of the large ones). Slowly add the milk and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add more milk a 1/2 teaspoon at a time to you get your optimum pourable consistency. Dip the cooled muffin tops into the glaze or drizzle the tops – either way you’re good.